Undergraduate Summer Biomedical Research Program
KY INBRE (formerly KBRIN) funds up to 20 undergraduate students annually to participate in biomedical research under the supervision of faculty mentors who are actively engaged in biomedical research at the University of Louisville or the University of Kentucky.
2021 DATES & DEADLINES
The KY INBRE Summer Program plans to conduct the program on both the University of Louisville and University of Kentucky campuses as an in-person experience. KY INBRE will follow the Government, CDC and University guidelines and recommendations to help mitigate the spread of Covid-19. If it becomes necessary due to the pandemic, the program may go to a hybrid format. All updated information will be posted on the KY INBRE website until the final roster has been chosen.
The deadline for applications is FEBRUARY 15, 2021
Click here to complete application
IMPORTANT NOTE: If after you click on the Apply Button, you may receive a warning that your connection is not secure. The RedCap instrument that we use to collect data is a secure program. The warning is encountered sometimes in certain browsers. It is safe to continue. Any questions or concerns please contact Susan Boucher.
To be eligible to apply to the KY INBRE Undergraduate Summer Research Program (SUR), all criteria below must be met to continue with the application:
- Must be 18 years old by the start of the Summer Program
- Must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident
- Must commit to completion of the 10-week program
- (vacations should be scheduled outside of this time)
- Must attend & present research poster at Poster Day and the Kentucky Academy of Science (KAS) Meeting held in November
- Must attend a Kentucky college/regional university OR must be a Kentucky resident attending an out-of-state college/university
- Must NOT attend University of Louisville or University of Kentucky. Check with those schools for summer programs they may offer their students.
- Complete online application
- Most recent official college transcript
- Letter of recommendation from academic mentor at current college/university
522 E. Gray Street
Louisville, KY 40202
Letter of Recommendation can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Student compensation includes the following:
- $4,000 for completion of the 10-week research experience
- Free dormitory housing at the University of Louisville or University of Kentucky (if needed for the 10-week program)
- Registration and hotel expenses (if necessary) to present data at a scientific conference (e.g., the annual meeting of the Kentucky Academy of Science).
Watch Video to hear what some of our past participants have to say about the program
- Examples of previous research projects
- 2018 KBRIN participants and their projects
- 2017 KBRIN participants and their projects
- 2016 KBRIN participants and their projects
- 2015 KBRIN participants and their projects
- 2013 KBRIN participants
- 2012 KBRIN participants