UofL Folio is a tool to help faculty prepare for and conduct reviews such as annual performance evaluations, promotion and tenure reviews, and periodic career reviews. By digitizing our data collection and reporting, we are also improving the quality of our data and the efficiency of our work processes.
Some information in UofL Folio is uploaded from university systems. All courses taught that generate student credit hours are uploaded automatically, as are grants and contracts information managed by the Office of the Executive Vice President for Research and Innovation. Other information can be entered manually or imported from online sources such as Google Scholar and PubMed. UofL Folio is meant to reduce the amount of time and effort faculty spend each year reporting on their accomplishments, and increase the accuracy and consistency of their data.
In addition to generating reports for faculty reviews, UofL Folio is used for purposes such as faculty and department webpages, facilitating faculty recognition, and meeting institutional reporting needs, including those related to accreditation.
More questions? Check out Information and Resources to learn more.
- On the Admin section of the navigation menu, click Administration. In the Tools section, click Emulate User. The Emulate User screen displays.
- Locate the user you wish to emulate by using the filters in the Count By Unit section, then selecting your unit. The results display in the Search Names Below field. If necessary, use the search field to locate the desired user within the search results.
- Upon locating the desired user, click the user's name. A confirmation message opens.
- Click OK. You are now emulating the selected user.
- After the page loads, it should show the name of the user that you are emulating at the top of the screen in a red box.
The initiated activity input form is important in the review process, as it gives faculty guidance on the activities that will be under review, as well as an opportunity to see these activities from the evaluator's point of view.
For guidance on creating an Initiated Activity Form, please see the how-to guide on Interfolio’s product help center.