policy Flex-Year Positions modified Tue Mar 17 2020 12:24:09 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
University of Louisville
May 1, 1992
- Units should review current workloads to determine if the establishment of a Flex-Year Position (positions established on a 9, 10, or 11-month basis at full-time or 12-month basis at 3/4 time or an equivalent variation) would provide an appropriate staffing pattern for their unit. Where a Flex-Year position appears appropriate, the possibility of such an arrangement should be discussed with the employee.
- A detailed description of the Flex-Year work schedule indicating the specific periods of employment should be prepared by the department. A copy of the document should be given to the employee and a copy forwarded to the Human Resources Department.
- Special consideration should be given in establishing new positions to determine if the position should be established as a Flex-Year position prior to initiating recruitment activities.
- Deductions for employee benefits for eligible exempt employees working less than 12 months will be based on a separate contribution schedule to provide continuous benefit coverage during the entire period of appointment.
- Any new exempt employee appointed to a Flex-Year position will be required to sign an agreement, initiated within the department, confirming acceptance of employment conditions associated with Flex-Year positions.
Associate Vice President for Human Resources
RESPONSIBLE UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT/DIVISION
Revision Date(s): December 14, 2016
Reviewed Date(s): March 8, 2016
The University Policy and Procedure Library is updated regularly. In order to ensure a printed copy of this document is current, please access it online at http://louisville.edu/policies.