How Much Will I Pay?
Tuition & Aid
Military rate is available for active-duty, Coast Guard, and qualifying members of the National Guard and Reserve. Inquire to learn more.
This certificate does not qualify for financial aid.
- Skip the GRE—it is not required for admission into the certificate program.
- Gain applicable and transferable knowledge in data analytics as it relates to engineering logistics and supply chain management.
- Acquire the strategic skills needed to enhance your professional opportunities for leadership and management positions within the engineering and logistics field.
- Take advantage of the flexibility and convenience of 100% online classes, delivered over an 8-week, asynchronous course format.
- Apply your certificate credits toward UofL’s online Master of Science in Industrial Engineering or Master of Engineering in Engineering Management degree (upon approval - must apply to the master’s program separately).
- Earn your Master of Science in Industrial Engineering or Master of Engineering in Engineering Management through UofL's online stackable certificates pathway.
START YOUR APPLICATION
100% ONLINE COURSES
Complete your certificate on your own time through fully online and accelerated classes.
9 Credit Hours
Expand your expertise in engineering logistics with only 3 online courses
NO GRE Required
Skip the test! Focus on learning new skills to advance your career.
"The Graduate Certificate in Engineering Logistics provides students with advanced methodologies and tools in optimization and simulation to address challenging problems in network design, inventory management, production planning, facility layout, and demand forecasting."
Dr. Monica Gentili,
Associate Professor & Improv
Department of Industrial Engineering
Logistics engineering combines technical and scientific approaches to meet organizational goals and increase supply chain efficiencies. Employment of logisticians is projected to grow 18% from 2022 to 2032, much faster than the average for all occupations. About 21,800 openings for logisticians are projected each year, on average, over the next decade (bls.gov).
A Graduate Certificate in Engineering Logistics can provide you with the expertise needed to advance into leadership roles within a wide variety of organizations and industries. Graduates are well suited to apply their credentials toward the following roles and careers:
- Operations Manager
- Logistics Engineer
- Logistics Director
- Logistics Manager
- Warehouse Supervisor
- Systems Engineer
- Distribution Director
- Data Logistics Engineer
- Purchasing Procurement Director
- Procurement and Engineer Manager
- Supply Chain Procurement Engineer
- Software Engineer Manager
|Preferred Application Deadline
|Fall Term I
|Fall Term II
|Spring Term I
|Spring Term II
Note: We admit students on a rolling basis. The preferred deadlines help you complete the application process on time, be notified of acceptance, and enroll before the term begins. We review applications as they become complete and admit students for a specific term up to the day classes start. We recommend you work on and submit your complete application well in advance of the preferred deadline, as obtaining transcripts and other materials may take more time.
Steps to Apply
- Complete graduate application
- Submit $40 non-refundable application fee
- Submit official transcripts certifying an undergraduate degree earned from an accredited institution
- Check for scholarships
START YOUR APPLICATION
- Bachelor’s degree in any field from an accredited college or university.
- The successful applicant will typically have an undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 or above (on a 4.00 scale). Applicants with a GPA between 2.5 and 2.75 may be considered for admission and will be required to submit additional application materials, including recommendation letters, a resume or personal statement, and prior academic performance in specific classes. Such applicants may be considered for conditional admission, and we may require that specific academic standards be met in the first semester to transition to admission in good standing.
- Successful completion of Calculus 1 and/or Introduction to Statistics. Students who do not have the expected background may be required to take a refresher course.
GMAT/GRE scores are not required for admission.
The prerequisites for some of the required and elective courses are "Introduction to Statistics" and/or "Calculus I". Upon acceptance into the program, students will work closely with their advisor to build out a path that prepares them to be successful in the certificate program.
Send all materials to:
University of Louisville
2211 S. Brook Street
Louisville, KY 40292
If you live outside of the United States and intend to complete an online academic program from your home country, be sure to review these additional requirements for international students.
- Postsecondary transcripts. Transcripts from institutions not in English may require a foreign credential evaluation.
- Students whose primary language is not English must show English language proficiency by attaining one of the following :
- TOEFL scores of 79 or higher on the internet-based test or 213 or higher on the computer-based test, or 550 or higher on the paper-based test for verification of English proficiency OR
- Duolingo English test score of 105 or higher OR
- English proficiency can also be met by submitting official IELTS scores of at least 6.5 overall band score from the academic module exam
- Proof of degree earned from an accredited U.S. institution (requires provisional admission with evaluation of English language competency)
Note: students will not be issued a U.S. visa if admitted to the certificate online program, since there are no campus attendance requirements.
The online Graduate Certificate in Engineering Logistics is a 9-credit hour program (3 courses), with each course delivered in an 8-week format, 100% online. Students will need a minimum GPA of 3.0 to be awarded the certificate.
|Students must take 3 credit hours (1 course) from the following required course list:
IE 515 Operations Research Methods
IE 541 Simulation (requires background in probability and statisitics)
|Students must take 6 credit hours (2 courses) from the following elective course list
IE 621 Facility Location and Layout
IE 625 Production and Inventory Control
IE 657 Models of Logistics Systems
IE 655 Supply Chain Engineering - (coming soon online)
|Total Credit Hours
START YOUR APPLICATION
What can I do with a Graduate Certificate in Engineering Logistics?
The online Graduate Certificate in Engineering Logistics combines technical and scientific approaches to meet organizational goals and increase supply chain efficiencies. Graduates from this certificate program are well suited to take on leadership roles in a variety of organizations and industries where supply chain management is needed.
Do I need a bachelor’s degree in engineering to apply for admission into the Graduate Certificate in Engineering Logistics?
No, a bachelor’s degree in any field from an accredited college or university is acceptable for admission into the Graduate Certificate in Engineering Logistics program. For more information on admission requirements, visit the application tab.
Are there any prerequisites needed for admission?
The prerequisites for some of the required and elective courses are "Introduction to Statistics" and "Calculus I". Upon acceptance into the program, students will work closely with their advisor to build out a path that prepares them to be successful in the certificate program.
Can my certificate credits earned in the Graduate Certificate in Engineering Logistics count towards the online Master of Science in Industrial Engineering or Engineering Management?
Yes, you can apply credit hours from the Graduate Certificate in Engineering Logistics towards UofL’s online Master of Science in Industrial Engineering or UofL’s online Master of Engineering in Engineering Management. However, interested students will need to apply and be admitted to the master’s program separately. For more information on applying credits earned towards a degree program, contact Leigh Ann Elles, Assistant Director of Engineering Graduate Programs at email@example.com.