- Fernandez, José, Mónica García-Pérez, and Sandra Orozco-Aleman. 2023. "Unraveling the Hispanic Health Paradox." Journal of Economic Perspectives, 37 (1): 145-68.
- Lennon, C., Teltser, K., Jose Fernandez, & Steve Gohmann. How morality and efficiency shape public support for minimum wages. Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization (2023). Vol 205, pp. 618-637. Media Mention: Economics Happy Hours Episode 4
- Fernandez JM, Jayawardhana J. The Effect of Pill Mill Legislation on Suicides. Health Serv Res. 2022 Apr 5. doi: 10.1111/1475-6773.13984. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 35383935.
- Fernandez, Jose, and Gohmann, S.F. (2022), "Consumers' perceptions of product quality and entrepreneurial survival: evidence from the craft brewery industry", _Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development_, Vol. 29 No. 3, pp. 441-460. https://doi.org/10.1108/JSBED-12-2020-0439
- , . The associations of medical marijuana policies with opioid‐related health care utilization. Health Serv Res. 2021; 00: 1– 11. https://doi.org/10.1111/1475-6773.13632
- (2021) What do economic education scholars study? Insights from machine learning, The Journal of Economic Education, 52:2, 156-172,
- Chao, Y., Fernandez, J., & Nahata, B. (2019). Pay-what-you-want pricing under competition: Breaking the Bertrand Trap. Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics, 82, 101453.
- Lennon, C., Fernandez, J., Gohmann, S., & Teltser, K. (2019, May). Minimum Wages, Morality, and Efficiency: A Choice Experiment. In AEA Papers and Proceedings (Vol. 109, pp. 176-81).
- Fernandez, Jose M., Stephan Gohmann, and Joshua Pinkston "Breaking Bad in Bourbon Country: Does Alcohol Prohibition Encourage Methamphetamine Production?" Southern Economic Journal 84, no. 4 (2018): 1001-1023.
- Bogan, Vicki L., and Jose M. Fernandez. 2017. "How Children with Mental Disabilities Affect Household Investment Decisions." American Economic Review Papers and Proceedings, 107(5): 536-40
- Chao, Yong, Jose Fernandez, and Babu Nahata (2015), “Pay-what-you-want pricing: Can it be profitable?" Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics, Vol 57, August: 176-185
- Dave, Dhaval and Jose Fernandez (2015), "Rising Autism Prevalence: Real or Displacing Other Mental Disorders? Evidence from Demand for Auxiliary Healthcare Workers in California" Economic Inquiry, 52(1): 448-468
- Fernandez, Jose and Matthew Lang (2015), “Suicide and Organ Donors: Spillover Effects of Mental Health Insurance Mandates” Health Economic, 24(4): 491-497
- Fernandez, Jose, Thomas Holman, and John V. Pepper. "The Impact of Living‐Wage Ordinances on Urban Crime." Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society, 53.3 (2014): 478-500.
- Gohmann, Stephan and Jose Fernandez (2014), “Proprietorship and Unemployment in the United States” Journal of Business Venturing, Volume 29, Issue 2, pages 289-309
- Fernandez, Jose, David Howard, and Lisa Stohr Korese, (2013), "Effect of Cadaveric Kidney Donations on Living Kidney Donations: An Instrumental Variables Approach." Economic Inquiry, 51(3): 1696–1714
- Fernandez, Jose M. (2013), “An Empirical Model of Learning under Ambiguity: The Case of Clinical Trials.” International Economic Review, 54(2): 549–573
- Coomes, Paul, Jose Fernandez, and Stephan Gohmann, (2012) “The Rate of Proprietorship among Metropolitan Areas: The Impact of Institutions, Local Economic Environment and Capital Resources” Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 37(4): 745–770
- Rey, J. R., Hinebaugh, D., & Fernandez, J. (2002). Analysis of Florida transit bus crashes. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 1791(1), 26-34.
- Fernandez, Jose Manuel. 2021. “Health and Healthcare Delivery in Puerto Rico Before and After Hurricane Maria.” In Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico: Disaster, Vulnerability & Resiliency, edited by Havidán Rodríguez, Marie T. Mora, and Alberto Dávila, 65–68. Rowman & Littlefield.
- Part 1: 2014 Health Economic Research Study by Jose Fernandez PhD, associate professor economics, UofL and and Megan Hardy (UofL student and HEN intern)
- Part 2: 2014 Health Economic Research Study by Jose Fernandez PhD, associate professor economics, UofL, and Megan Hardy (UofL student and HEN intern)
- UofL Writing Center: How I Write by Dr. Jose Fernandez
- Fernandez, Jose. 2020. “Letter from ASHE President.” Hispanic Economic Outlook, pp. 1-2.
- Fernandez, Jose. 2021. "Colorism among Hispanic Households." Hispanic Economic Outlook, pp.10-13
- Jose Fernandez wrote a piece on research seminar behavior “FOCUS Introduction: Economics seminar dynamics revisited”, published by the American Economic Association’s Committee on the Status of Women in the Economics Professor.
- Fernandez, Jose & Jayani Jayawardhana, "The Political Economy of Death: Do Coroners perform as well as Medical Examiners in determining suicide?" Available at SSRN
Fernandez, Jose & Erin Yetter, "Sentiment Analysis of Teaching Evaluations: Evidence from 8 million Rate My Professor Reviews" (Revise and Resubmit)
Jose M. Fernandez, Elizabeth Munnich, and Noelia Paez "Autism, Parental Age, Education, and Birth Spacing: Can Economics Explain Some of the Rise?"
Emily Davis, José Fernandez, Elizabeth L. Munnich, "International Medical Graduates and the US Physician Workforce"
There are currently no items in this folder.