Check Out Policies and Procedures
Checking out equipment from the Digital Media Suite constitutes an agreement by the user to abide by the below policies and procedures.
Who can check out equipment
- To checkout equipment, users must present their Cardinal Card at the Digital Media Suite.
- Users must provide their UofL user ID and ID number to check out equipment.
- Users must be currently active students, faculty, or staff at UofL. Community borrowers are not eligible to checkout equipment.
- All equipment is intended for academic project use only.
- Equipment can be checked out for five (5) days. If the DMS is not open on the expected due date, it should be returned the next day the DMS is open.
- All users can check item checkouts, place holds for items, and renew equipment checkouts at the DMS equipment patron page.
- One (1) renewal can be made through the DMS circulation patron page. Up to three (3) total renewals made be made in the DMS, through email to email@example.com, or by phone at 502.852.3787.
- Additional renewals beyond the first three (3) made only be made by returning all equipment to the Digital Media Suite for confirmation.
- Overdue equipment may only be renewed by returning all equipment to the Digital Media Suite
Overdues, Lost or Damaged Equipment
- Equipment must be returned in the same condition it was checked out in and with all accessories, or a lost equipment fee will be processed to the student account equaling the cost of the damaged/missing equipment or accessory. Accessories may include SD cards, battery/charger, lens cover, etc.
- Patrons with overdue equipment will be notified by email to return the equipment. Patrons with three overdue warnings in one semester or with lost equipment will have checkout privileges suspended until the beginning of the next semester. Patrons with lost equipment are not eligible to checkout equipment until all fees have been paid or the equipment returned.
- Overdue notices are a courtesy notice only. Users are expected to know and abide by the policies and procedures for checking out Digital Media Suite equipment.
- Equipment that is overdue for more than 1 month will be considered lost. Lost equipment will be reported to the University Libraries, who will place a Bursar Block on the patron’s account. To remove the Block, the equipment must be returned in the same condition it was checked out in with all accessories, or the lost equipment fee must be paid. Fees for damaged or missing equipment may also result in a Bursar Block, which will be removed once the fees are paid or the missing equipment returned. Removal of a Bursar Block may take up to five (5) business days.