2014 Fulbright Scholarship recipient
UofL alumna Yvonne Freckmann has received a Fulbright Full Grant to study music composition at the Royal Conservatoire The Hague in the Netherlands. During her time abroad she will receive technical training in music technology and multimedia. She expects to return to the U.S. in 2015 to continue her career and education in music.
The U.S. Student Fulbright Program is a federally sponsored international, educational and cultural exchange that recognizes academic merit and leadership potential. The program promotes mutual understanding between the people of the United States and those in more than 155 countries throughout the world. Fulbrights are considered one of the most prominent awards in academia.
“I’m honored and thrilled to experience the cutting-edge Dutch and European music scene and to create more multimedia composition projects,” Freckmann said.
- Areas of study: Graduated from UofL’s School of Music May 2013 with a master’s degree in Music Composition. Earned an undergraduate degree from San Antonio-based Trinity University in 2010.
- Collegiate recognition and honors: received the Moritz von Bomhard Fellowship from UofL’s School of Music, the school’s most distinguished scholarship.
- Hometown: San Antonio, Texas
- High school: North East School of the Arts at Robert E. Lee High School (2006)
- Parents: Annette Anderson and Norbert Freckmann of Poteet, Texas