Out of Country Travel Procedures
Do not purchase airfare or make lodging arrangements until you have received authorization from the International Center. Authorization may be obtained by submitting the following forms:
- Be sure to answer “How will your University responsibilities be covered during your absence?” include name of person covering.
- List all funding sources and obtain approval of accounts.
- Obtain signatures – yours and department head or supervisor, and dean
- “Employee Release and Assumption of Risk” form (PDF) or and obtain appropriate signatures. Read the bulletin "Tips for Travelers and Students Studying Abroad."
Be sure to include a copy of your passport.
- "." Questions concerning this should be directed to .
Once these forms are complete and have approval signatures from department chair and Dean, forward to Virginia Hosono, 101 Brodschi Hall, at least 20 days prior to scheduled departure.
Once you have received approval, you may proceed with the purchasing of air tickets and lodging. After these have been purchased, please forward the information to Virginia Hosono, 101 Brodschi Hall or scan and send to firstname.lastname@example.org . Once all travel itinerary is complete provost approval will be sent.
If it is on either list, then please read the for procedures to follow. For questions, please e-mail Virginia Hosono or call 852-0374. Requests to travel to travel warning countries or countries on the CDC Travel precaution list require an additional 15 working days to process.
Overseas travel insurance is recommended, and is available for purchase from various sources. University Travel Guidelines stipulate that fees for travel insurance are not reimbursable. They include, for example:
- International SOS Assistance, Inc.
P.O. Box 11568
Philadelphia, PA 19116
Phone: 1-215-244-1500 or 1-800-523-8662
- Diplomat International
Global Underwriters Agency, Inc.
3195 Linwood Road, Suite 201
Cincinnati, Ohio 45208
- International Teacher Identity Card (ITIC)
Out of Country travel may not be reimbursed unless these procedures are followed as stipulated in the "Travel & Reimbursement Policy" approved by the Board of Trustees and effective 6/01/99.