Pro-After the Emergency
procedure after emergency modified Fri Mar 06 2020 09:56:45 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
University of Louisville
After the Emergency
This procedure applies to University Community (administrators, faculty, staff, and students).
Whether an emergency is weather related, workplace violence or a fire, appropriate actions must be taken to ensure that administrative procedures are followed to protect the facility.
After a Workplace Injury or Illness
If an individual is injured or becomes ill due to the workplace environment, follow these procedures:
- Ensure that the individual has received appropriate medical care.
- Notify the individual’s immediate supervisor of the injury/illness and the surrounding events.
- Ensure that a First Report of Injury (IA-1 Form) is completed documenting the injury or illness as soon as possible.
Damage to your Building
If your building has received damage during an emergency, you should take the following actions:
- Notify Physical Plant of the damage and the need to repair the facility on an emergency basis.
- Belknap Campus……………………………502-852-6242
- Shelby Campus……………………………..502-852-5601
- Health Sciences Center Campus…........…502-852-5695
(Office hours 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., after hours call University Police at 502-852-6111)
Notify Risk Management at 502-852-6925 of the damage and assist them in recording and documenting the damage. (Office hours 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., after hours call University Police at 502-852-6111)
Chief of Police
RESPONSIBLE UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT/DIVISION
University of Louisville Police
Floyd Street Parking Garage, Louisville, KY 40292
Louisville, KY 40292
The University Policy and Procedure Library is updated regularly. In order to ensure a printed copy of this document is current, please access it online at http://louisville.edu/policies.