Bachelor of Social Work
Next Info Session
June 25, 5:30pm - RSVP
If your goal is to make a career out of your passion for advocating on behalf of others as they navigate challenging times, prepare to be an agent of change and help others live safer and healthier lives. The Bachelor in Social Work offered 100% online by the Kent School of Social Work at University of Louisville will educate and empower you to achieve your goal.
By emphasizing social justice dynamics, as well as critical analysis, planning and implementation, we seek to equip our graduates with skills to intervene effectively on their clients’ behalf, while also taking into consideration the holistic impact of social work on families, institutions and communities.
Delivery: 100% online (on campus options available)
School: Kent School of Social Work
Duration: 60-61 upper-level credit hours (120-121 total credit hours)
Tuition: $489 per credit hour (+$50 distance learning surcharge)
- Generalist social work degree emphasizing social justice
- Earning a Bachelor in Social Work qualifies graduates to enter the Master of Science in Social Work program with advanced standing
- Available track in Drug and Alcohol Counseling
- Students in Kentucky may pursue special scholarship opportunities if enrolled in this track
- Credit may be transferred from other regionally-accredited institutions
- Financial aid is available for online students who qualify
- Program is accredited by CSWE
Social work has a broad range of applications in a variety of fields including:
- Public School Systems
- Hospitals and Nursing Homes
- Government Agencies
- Charitable Organizations
- Police Departments
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of jobs for social workers is expected to grow 12% from 2014 to 2024. The median annual salary for social workers was $46,890 in 2016.