policy transfers modified Sun Mar 22 2020 14:11:54 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
University of Louisville
May 1, 1992
This policy applies to University Staff.
- Department heads may reassign regular status employees by transferring them from one position to another in the same pay grade when it is in the best interest of the university. Such transfers must be pre-approved by the Associate Vice President of Human Resources and will be made without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy, or veteran status.
- A regular status employee, who meets the minimum qualifications of an available position, may apply for a transfer from one position to another in the same pay grade.
- A regular status employee who is transferred to another position will serve a six-month qualifying period. During this period, the employee’s performance is to be appraised every 60-calendar days for a six-month period. If during this six-month period of employment the employee receives an unsatisfactory appraisal, the employee will be appraised at least once every 30 calendar days for a maximum of 90 calendar days until his or her performance has improved and is evaluated as at least satisfactory or the employee is terminated.
A transfer occurs when a regular status employee is moved laterally from one position to another without a change in pay grade.
- A Department head must contact the Associate Vice President of Human Resources prior to initiating a transfer or informing the employee of the intent to transfer. The Associate Vice President of Human Resources or their designee will review the request and provide the determination to the department head.
- Employees who wish to apply for a transfer must complete an application for employment.
The final decision for accepting or declining a particular applicant is made by the hiring supervisor/unit head and is subject to review by the Human Resources Department to assure compliance with the affirmative action requirements.
Associate Vice President for Human Resources
RESPONSIBLE UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT/DIVISION
1980 Arthur Street
Revision Date(s): July 8, 2014, April 17, 2019
Reviewed Date(s): March 8, 2016
The University Policy and Procedure Library is updated regularly. In order to ensure a printed copy of this document is current, please access it online at http://louisville.edu/policies.