policy Identification Cards modified Tue Oct 11 2022 14:57:27 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
University of Louisville
May 1, 1992
This policy applies to University Administrators, Faculty, and Staff.
- Photo identification cards are issued to all regular, full-time, and part-time faculty and staff. I.D. cards for regular faculty and staff remain valid until employment with the university is terminated.
- Temporary Faculty are issued a special photo identification card which carries an ending date coinciding with the authorized appointment expiration date.
- Temporary I.D. cards are issued to temporary staff only for the period of appointment.
- University retired faculty and staff are issued an I.D. card showing rank and/or title. The I.D. card does not carry an expiration date.
- Unauthorized use of an I.D. card could result in disciplinary action.
- An employee terminating employment with the university must turn in his or her I.D. card to the supervisor or the Human Resources Department.
All photo identification cards are issued by the Cardinal Card Office, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily on the Belknap Campus and from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays on the Health Science Center Campus.
Vice President for Human Resources
RESPONSIBLE UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT/DIVISION
215 Central Avenue, Suite 205
Revision Date(s): December 14, 2021 (minor edits); August 24, 2022 (minor edit)
Reviewed Date(s): March 8, 2016
The University Policy and Procedure Library is updated regularly. In order to ensure a printed copy of this document is current, please access it online at http://louisville.edu/policies.