Pol-Employee Recognition Program
policy Employee Recognition Program modified Fri Dec 02 2022 09:09:56 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
University of Louisville
Employee Recognition Program
May 1, 1992
This policy applies to University Administrators and Staff.
The university provides service awards in recognition of the contributions of administrators and staff.
Appropriate awards are established in five-year increments as of September 1 of each year, beginning with 10 years of service.
All regular staff members working 50 percent FTE or more are eligible to receive awards. Creditable service for an award includes all periods of regular employment. Regular employees working at least 40 percent FTE prior to May 1, 1992, will continue to be included in the service award program.
Approved leaves of absence do not constitute a break in continuous or creditable service.
- A qualified employee who reaches ten (10) benefit services years between September 1 of the preceding year and August 31 of the current year are eligible for an employee recognition award.
- Employee Recognition Awards will be distributed at an annual employee recognition luncheon.
- The following years of service awards are available:
- 10 Years $80-$100 in value
- 15 Years $105-$125 in value
- 20 Years $130-$150 in value
- 25 Years $180-$200 in value
- 30 Years $220-$250 in value
- 35 Years $260-$300 in value
- 40 Years $350-$450 in value
- 45+ Years $500 in value
- The award should be limited to tangible personal property, which disallows awards of cash, gift cards/certificates, vacations, meals, lodging, and tickets to theater/sporting events.
The Human Resources Department will compile a list of employees who are eligible for longevity awards for verification by the Employee Recognition Program Committee.
Vice President for Human Resources
RESPONSIBLE UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT/DIVISION
215 Central Avenue, Suite 205
Revision Date(s): October 18, 2017; January 30, 2018; December 7, 2021 (minor edits); August 24, 2022 (minor edit); December 2, 2022
Reviewed Date(s): March 9, 2016; October 18, 2017
The University Policy and Procedure Library is updated regularly. In order to ensure a printed copy of this document is current, please access it online at http://louisville.edu/policies.