Certificate in Applied Geospatial Technologies
Your Map to More
The online Certificate in Applied Geospatial Technologies at the University of Louisville is designed to teach students how to apply techniques of geographic information science (GIS) and collect, view, manipulate and analyze digital geographic data for a deeper understanding of the world around us.
This program provides an introduction to GIS and hands-on experience using ArcGIS software to help you learn how to connect data sets to landscapes and communities, and provide insights about real-world environmental conditions and social problems. You can acquire skills in computing, problem-solving and project management that will be of use throughout your professional career and in the applied geospatial technologies field.
- Take advantage of 100% online courses and 24/7 class access
- Learn from expert faculty who are actively advancing the field through research in: Environmental Remote Sensing, GIS, Spatial Analysis and Modeling
- Discover state-of-the-art methods and techniques within the field
- Join a reputable program from a nationally-recognized metropolitan research university
- Connect and network with professionals across the industry
The Certificate in Applied Geospatial Technologies is relevant in a range of fields including (but not limited to):
- Business economics
- Defense industry
- Environmental resource management
- Landscape architecture
- Law enforcement
- Local government
- Political science
- Public health
- Surveying and cartography
- Urban planning
Whether you are just starting your college career as a first-time student or you’re an adult student looking for the best program for your interests and passions, the online Certificate in Applied Geospatial Technologies can be a great fit.