Macy Waddle, of Mount Washington, Ky., is a member of the McConnell Scholar Class of 2026 at the University of Louisville. She is studying political science on a global studies and international affairs track.
Honors & Awards
- University Dean's List
- Honors Scholar
- UofL Honors Program
- Presidential Volunteer Service Award, Bronze Medal
- McConnell Scholars Service Award, 2023
- McConnell Scholars Reader's Choice Award, Fall 2022
Campus & Extracurricular Involvement
- Assistant to the Academic Vice President, Student Government Association
- Outreach Chair, McConnell Scholar's Council
- Member, Chi Omega sorority
- Animal Welfare Committee Director, Engage Lead Serve Board
- School Director, She Became
- Participant, U.S. Army War College International Crisis Negotiation Exercise
Internships & Work Experience
- Congressional Intern, Office of Congressman Morgan McGarvey
- Front Desk Team, Shred 415 Gym
- Public Relations and Marketing Assistant, The McConnell Center
- Backside Learning Center
- Photographer, Paws with Purpose
- Notetaker, Disability Resource Center
Macy is a graduate of duPont Manual High School, where she was class President, a member of the National Journalism Honors Society, a social media director for her school news, and played both varsity basketball and field hockey. During her junior year, she served as Editor in Chief for Unify Louisville, a student run organization that aimed to help students throughout COVID through free tutoring. She was the recipient of the NJHS National Richard Johns Scholarship, the YMCA 2021 Youth Character Award, and was the winner of numerous awards in journalism by the Society of Professional Journalists. Macy is the daughter of Kevin and Rachel Waddle, two UofL alumni.
The McConnell Center has already provided me with so many opportunities throughout the short time I've been here. I've been pushed to become a more well-rounded student by being exposed to new topics, places, and people. I'm looking forward to seeing what I can accomplish at the Center in the future.