The Certificate in Health Law:
- Provides the practical skills necessary to communicate effectively about the law and follow all regulations related to health care;
- Helps professionals better understand patient legal concerns;
- Is appropriate for hospital administrators, patient advocates, physicians, nurses and others looking to increase their knowledge of health law;
- Provides coverage of policy and regulations, health care/insurance coverage, health care providers, access to care, ethical choices and more;
- Touches on the broader areas of law, including contracts, administrative, employment and tax law.
Designed for today’s busy professional, the certificate is offered online through an innovative distance learning format. All courses are self-paced, allowing professionals the flexibility to complete coursework and assessments as convenient.
In order to earn the certificate, participants must complete nine of the offered courses.
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the program start?
With a flexible, self-paced format, professionals can begin at any time and pace their courses as their schedules allow.
Why should I participate in this program?
With the fluidity of law and regulations in health law today, this program can help you in your role as an administrator, physician, nurse, patient advocate, lawyer, claims adjustor or any other role at the intersection of law and regulation of health care. The program will deepen your knowledge in particular areas of health law, prepare you for new challenges in today’s changing health climate and bolster your expertise.
How long will it take me to complete a course?
Each course should take approximately 10-12 hours to complete.
What technology do I need to complete the program?
Outside of a PC or Mac and an Internet connection, no special technologies are required. When you register, you will receive instructions on how to access the course through an online learning platform.
How do I know I am learning?
For each module or set of information, you’ll be given assessments to chart your progress and you can go back and re-visit any lecture or area that you have lingering questions on. Each course will have particular learning objectives that the assessments will help ensure that you have met.
What if I need help?
Each course is supported by 24/7 technical assistance. You can either email or phone in your inquiry to receive direct help.
How much does it cost?
You can purchase the full nine-course certificate for $3,195. Individual courses are available for $395 each.
Discounts are available when purchasing multiple courses in the same transaction.