What is Cardinals Create?
Cardinals Create seeks to gather and highlight the academic, creative, and artistic works of UofL students. The Showcase encourages entries across the range of multi-modal works, such as video, audio, graphic design, illustration, photo, and more.
Each semester, a select group of projects will be displayed in the Digital Media Suite's digital gallery in Ekstrom Library. Select works will also be displayed in the Cardinals Create online gallery.
Each spring, a Cardinals Create Showcase will be held in in person to recognize all the submitted projects. Also at this Showcase, the best works for the year will be selected by a group of students, faculty, and staff for special recognition and awards.
Why should I submit?
All submissions to the Cardinals Create Showcase will be hosted in the online gallery. This gallery provides everyone a publication credit for their resume/portfolio. Works included in the online gallery may also be shown in the Featured Works on the Digital Media Suite's digital displays in Ekstrom Library.
There are multiple prizes available. A group of faculty and students will select the following:
- 1 Best in Show prize - Beats Solo3 headphones
- 2 Best in Experience Level prizes - Rode VideoMic Go II
- Special recognition prizes - UofL messenger bags with Adobe swag
Submissions to the Cardinals Create showcase may also be entered into the Social Justice Research Paper and Multimedia Awards, sponsored by the UofL's Anne Braden Institute. When you submit to Cards Create, please indicate your interest in the submission form. Submissions are due by March 20.
How do I submit?
- Cardinals Create will accept submissions in any digital media format, such as video, audio, images, design layouts, etc.
- Submissions to the Cardinals Create Showcase are completed through the form linked below. Creators must complete the form, attach or link to the submitted file, and digitally sign the Media Release. The release allows the University to store and display the work through the Showcase, but you retain ownership rights of the file/s.
- Entries must be submitted by March 20 at 11:59pm to be considered for the spring recognition Showcase. Any entries submitted after that date will be considered for the following year's Showcase.
- Your name, UofL email address, and description of the work will be displayed along with the digital media product.
- Submissions to the Showcase will be considered twice each year at the end of the fall and spring semesters. Creators whose works are accepted into the Showcase will receive notification through their UofL email.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Digital Media Suite.