2020-2021 Information for Employees
Safe return to work
UofL’s temporary telecommuting guidelines continue to be a recommendation for all employees who can continue working remotely. For those employees who must return to campus, HR has created this Welcome Back Staff reference guide which provides specific information on the following:
- Work modification requests
- Emergency temporary leave guidelines and scenarios
- COVID-19 related HR policy updates
- Required documents to be signed before returning to work
- Self-administered temperature and symptom checks prior to daily arrival
- Ways to safely conduct your work
Visit the COVID-19 HR Information page for a full list of return to work resources and policies.
Quarantine and personal travel
All UofL members should carefully research the state-wide positivity rate or the international warning level of a destination before choosing to travel.
If you intend to travel to a location with a 10% positivity rate or higher, report your travel to Campus Health Services. Per UofL’s Domestic Travel Policy and International Travel Policy, one of three things may happen if you are asked by Campus Health Services to quarantine upon return from your personal travel:
- If your work can be done remotely and you have supervisor approval, you may work remotely during your quarantine period.
- If remote work is not possible or not supervisor approved, you may use your emergency sick leave to cover the dates of your quarantine period.
- If you're not permitted to work remotely and do not have emergency sick leave available, you must use your personal, sick and/or vacation time to cover the dates of your quarantine period.
Employee COVID-19 Awareness Training
The COVID-19 Awareness Training is now available on Safe Colleges. This training is required for all faculty and staff regardless if you are working remotely or on campus. The training covers behaviors and steps we must take to prevent the spread of COVID-19 on UofL's campuses and to keep our community healthy and safe.
To login in, please visit the website: https://louisville-ky.safecolleges.com/
Your USER ID = ULINK ID
Your Password = ULINK password
To complete the training please click on each course section to complete the video training. At the end of the course will be an Acknowledgement of the Self-Assessment Policy and a short quiz. You do not have to complete the training in one sitting. You may stop and resume the training, if necessary.
For login issues, contact the UofL HelpDesk at 502-852-7997. For technical issues within the SafeColleges Platform, support is available within the course or by contacting SafeColleges at firstname.lastname@example.org, Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. EST.