PHIL 356 Metaphysics
SCHG 399 Science, Technology, & Social Change Lecture Series
PHIL 205 Intro to Philosophy; PHIL328/SCHG 300-01 Environmental Ethics; PHIL 535/635 Political Philosophy
I try to teach the following courses on steady rotations (click links for a sample syllabus)
If I am not offering these in a given year others might be -- in particular, Professors Hanson, Owen, and Potter specialize in ethics/social-political, and Professors Kimball, Dove, or Gibson might teach Metaphysics. And PHIL 205 and 321 are always offered by a number of people each year.
Intro; Philosophy of Law
Ethics; Political Philosophy: Locke; Green Economics lecture series
All current course information is available on Blackboard
Career at UofL
Here are all the courses I have taught at Louisville since I arrived in 2000, with selected syllabi (if you need a syllabus and it is not linked above, just contact me)
I am also available to advise honors theses, independent studies, and SCHG internships.
- Introduction to Philosophy (PHIL 205).
- Sex & Values (PHIL 219)
- Business Ethics (was PHIL 325; now PHIL 225).
- Social & Political Philosophy (PHIL 308).
- Environment & Global Justice (PHIL 305/SCHG 300)
- Environmental Ethics (PHIL 328).
- Ethics (PHIL 321).
- Philosophy of Law (PHIL 350).
- Metaphysics (PHIL 356).
- Special Topics: Global Justice (PHIL 505/605/SCHG 500).
- Ethical Theory (PHIL 521/621/BETH 621)
- Applied Philosophy: Philosophy & Globalization (PHIL 523/623).
- Political Philosophy: The Philosophy of John Rawls (PHIL 535/635).
- Political Philosophy: The Political Theory of Individual Responsibility (PHIL 535/635).
- Political Philosophy: Democracy and Responsibility (PHIL 535/635).
- Philosophy of Social Science (PHIL 537).
- Intermediate College Writing: Ethics & Social Issues focus (ENG 102).
- Honors Seminar: Philosophies of Propaganda (HON 336/346), with Eileen John.