Music with Emphasis in Organ Performance (BM)
This program was approved for students entering the university in the Fall 2008 - Summer 2009 catalog year. For more information about catalog year, go to Catalog Year Information.
|University-wide General Education requirements1,2||34|
|Music Theory 141-242 (four 4-hour courses)||16|
|Music Literature 361 (four 3-hour courses)||12|
|Principal Ensemble (eight 1-hour courses)||8|
|(Solely dependent on the ensemble audition)|
|Recital Attendance 097 (six semesters of “S”)||0|
|Conducting I 359||2|
|Applied Lessons (two 4-hour courses)||8|
|Introduction to Music Study 100||1|
|Piano Proficiency 297||0|
|Organ Pedagogy 571||2|
|Applied Lessons (six additional 4-hour courses)||24|
|Service Playing (two 2-hour courses)||4|
|Organ Literature (two 2-hour courses)||4|
| Two 2-hour courses chosen from:
Ensemble Scoring I & II 345-346
Chromatic Harmony and Analysis/Analysis of Twentieth-Century Music 547-548
|Secondary Piano (three 1-hour courses)||3|
|Conducting II 360||2|
Admission to Senior College
No B.M. degree student may enroll for 400-level music courses until all of the following requirements have been satisfied:
- Completion of at least 48 credits toward the degree.
- Piano Proficiency Examination
- MUS 204. The examination for MUS 204 will be graded by an expanded jury. The student must prepare at least 11 minutes of music. Keyboard majors must pass the Piano Proficiency Examination before taking the examination for MUS 204.
- MUS 242 Theory IV.
- MUS 361-01 and -02 Music Literature.
- MUS 097 Recital Attendance, four semesters with grade of “S”.
- ENGL 101 or ENGL 105 and at least three additional general education courses.
- GPA of 2.5.
1 Students are required to take PAS 214 African American Music (Arts and Humanities content: Cultural Diversity competency) and ANTH 205 Music in World Cultures (Social and Behavioral Sciences content: Cultural Diversity competency).
2 MUH courses may not be taken to fulfill any General Education requirement.
3 Senior recital for all performance degrees is a public recital.