Music with Emphasis in Music Education (P-12) - (Teacher Certification)
This program was approved for students entering the university in the Fall 2008 - Summer 2009 catalog year. For more information about catalog year, go to Catalog Year Information.
Teacher Certification Program
Students interested in pursuing P-12 Music Teacher Certification may do so through an undergraduate degree program or a graduate degree program:
- A Bachelor of Music Education degree with Vocal Emphasis or a Bachelor of Music Education degree with Instrumental Emphasis through the School of Music.
- A Master of Arts in Teaching degree through the College of Education and Human Development. See the prerequisites below:
Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Speech Communication course
- Teaching major in Music
- Learning Theory and Human Growth and Development ECPY 507
- Exploring Teaching in the Sociopolitical Contexts of P-12 Schools
- EDTP 502
Students must apply and be accepted into the teacher education program. Contact the College of Education and Human Development Advising Center for specific admission requirements, including an application packet.