Piper Coleman, of Bowling Green, Ky., is a member of the McConnell Scholar Class of 2025 at the University of Louisville. She studies geography, political science, and philosophy.
Honors & Awards
- Betty & David Jones Scholar
- University of Louisville Honors Scholars Program
- University of Louisville Dean's Scholar
Campus & Extracurricular Involvement
- Co-Director, Engage Lead Serve Board (ELSB) Cards Lead Program
- ELSB Freshman LEAD Program
- Student Success Ambassador
Internships & Work Experience
- Legal Assistant, Cotton Wolfinbarger & Associates
- Literacy Mentor, Decode Project
- Research Assistant, UofL Health Equity Hub
- Editing Intern, Miracle Monocle Literary Magazine
- Volunteer, SOUL Day of Service
- Literacy Volunteer, Mighty Oak Academy
Piper is a graduate of South Warren High School, where she served as Beta Club President, swam on the varsity swim team, and served as a student council representative.
The McConnell Scholarship will undoubtedly provide a unique and invaluable college experience. By participating in seminars, engaging with speakers, and aiding in service events, I will grow personally and professionally. I am very grateful to have received the scholarship and am excited for the rest of my time as a scholar.