Summer 2022 Information for Students
BEFORE YOU COME TO CAMPUS
We look forward to spending the summer term with you, Cardinals. Prior to arriving or returning to campus this summer, we ask that you do the actions outlined below so we can maximize our campus community’s safety from the coronavirus and its variants. With all Cardinals doing their part, we can continue keeping campus a healthy and safe environment for all.
- Get vaccinated. We strongly encourage all Cardinals to get fully vaccinated before starting the semester with us. For information on how to schedule a vaccination or booster go to Get Vaccinated.
- Submit your out-of-state COVID-19 vaccination record if you were vaccinated outside of the state of Kentucky. Campus Health Services only has access to the Kentucky immunization registry. Please follow these instructions to upload your out-of-state COVID-19 vaccination documentation to the university's secure health portal. This information helps the university accurately monitor our university community's vaccination rate.
- Review the university’s health and safety protocols. Important details about UofL’s response to the pandemic are organized on this website and quick links to key information are provided on the homepage. Read the Health Protocols tab for details on our campus procedures and check out the FAQs for answers to common questions.
Students who feel unsafe attending in-person classes are encouraged to sign up for online courses.
Options for making up work will be available when students are following our health and safety protocols by staying home when they have symptoms of COVID-19, when they've been instructed by health staff to quarantine due to an exposure, or when they are isolating due to a positive test.
Students should review the continuity of learning plan in their course's syllabi or reach out to their instructor to request it.
Read the detailed guidelines for graduate students for an outline of UofL’s commitment to supporting funded graduate students under our COVID-19 response for the spring. Additionally, the Office of Research and Innovation has protocols for reducing COVID-19 exposure in the research environment.
- MORE INFORMATION
CONTACTS FOR SUPPORT
- Call, email or live chat with the Business Operations COVID Support Team for questions or concerns about the university’s COVID-19 protocols.
- If you have concerns or obstacles — academic, financial or personal — please reach out to our student success team. Find your student success coordinator here or call 502-852-8097.
- Visit the Dean of Students Office website for support with student matters.
- Visit the Counseling Center website for mental health services.