Requirements for Admission:
The School of Interdisciplinary and Graduate Studies has rigorous standards for admission into doctoral programs, and those standards apply to the ISSTBE PhD program as well. Applicants must meet SIGS admission requirements along with additional Program requirements. Applicants must, as a minimum, have completed a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Medical Physics from an accredited program with a 3.25 cumulative grade point average to be considered for admission.The ideal applicant will have completed a Master’s (MS or MEng) Degree in engineering at the time of application. Applicants must submit:
- Official transcripts of all college-level courses
- Three letters of recommendation
- A written statement by the applicant describing previous experience related to bioengineering
- A statement as to how the PhD ISSTBE will allow them to fulfill their career goals as identified by their focus area of interest
- Official Graduate Record Exam (GRE) verbal, quantitative, and writing assessment-analytical scores. Scores at or above the 60th percentile on the verbal and quantitative and Verbal sections will be required for admission.
- Students whose native language is non-English or degree is from a non-US accredited institution are required to submit TOEFL scores (administered by the Educational Testing Service). A minimum TOEFL score of 79 or higher on the internet-based test or 550 or higher on the paper-based test is required. Alternatively, a minimum of 6.5 on the International English Language Testing System will be accepted.