- MEMS fabrication by photolithographic processing.
- Deep etching, back-to-front side aligned patterns.
- Glass-silicon wafer bonding.
- Photomask generation
- Biomedical MicroElectroMechanical Systems (BioMEMS)
- Micro Total Analysis Systems (uTAS)
- Cardiovascular mechanics
- Experimental and computational microfluidics
- Acoustic transducer design and fabrication
- Experimental fluid mechanics.
Julia Aebersold, Ph.D, MNTC Manager, 502-852-1572, Email
Room No. 121 - Shumaker Research Building, Map
Earl and Mary Lou Kohnhorst BioMEMS Cardiovascular Mechanics Lab
Lutz Hall, Room 419, Louisville, KY 40208, Map
Huson Nanotechnology Core Facility
- Zeiss Supra 35, Zeiss EVO Extreme Variable Pressure (3000 Pa)
- Zeiss 1430 scanning electron microscope with Nabity lithography package
- Capabilities for handling biological samples
The Huson Nanotechnology Core facility (HNCF) houses a complete suite of Scanning Electron Microscopes and Atomic Force Microscopes for both imaging and creating novel nano-scale structures. The Facility (1200 sq. ft.) contains extensive nano- imaging, manipulation and probing equipment, together with specialized nanofabrication equipment.