Emily Davis, of Morganfield, Ky., is a member of the McConnell Scholar Class of 2022 at the University of Louisville. She is pursuing a major in business economics with minors in math, political science and PPE (philosophy, politics and economics).
Campus & Community Involvement
- Campus Chair, Intercollegiate Studies Institute (ISI)
- Member, Kappa Alpha Theta Sorority
- Student Leadership Team Member, Sojourn College Campus Ministry
- Member, Sojourn Community Church
Economics-Related Program Involvement
- Don Lavoie Fellowship, Mercatus Center at George Mason University
- Center for Free Enterprise (CFE), reading group participant
- Institute for Humane Studies (IHS), colloquium attendee
- Sojourn College, community group leader
- Sojourn College, discipleship leader
- Project Warm
- Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA), sorority philanthropy organization
- Research Assistant, Dr. Gary Gregg in Political Science
- Editorial Assistant, Dr. Gary Gregg for young adult fiction series
Emily is a 2018 graduate of Union County High School, where she earned valedictorian and AP Scholar with Distinction honors. She served as president of the Environmental Awareness Club, Beta Club and National Honors Society. She founded and organized her school's Earth Day Fair. Emily was captain of her school's academic team, qualifying for two Kentucky Governor's Cup state competitions. Other awards include being named a 2017 Pinnacle Scholar in Science and a 2017 Kentucky Governor's Scholar.
It is an incredible honor to now be a part of such a prestigious, scholarly, and opportunistic program. I am thankful for the privileges that will be afforded to me because of this scholarship. I look forward to the intellectual challenges participation in the program will bring, and I eagerly anticipate the opportunities for growth, networking, and friendship that will unfold in my time as a McConnell Scholar.