Welcome to the Asian Studies Program at the University of Louisville!
Asia is the home of 60 percent of the world’s population. China and Japan are the second and the third largest economies in the world, and India has also experienced very rapid economic growth in the last three decades. Asia has some of the world’s most ancient civilizations in the world, such as the Chinese civilization and the Indian civilization. The United States trades more with Asia than with any other continents in the world. Actually, China and Japan are among the four largest trading partners of the United States, besides Canada and Mexico, our neighbors across the border.
Asian Studies Program Offers:
- A Bachelor degree in Asian Studies
- A minor in Asian Studies
- A graduate certificate in Asian Studies
- 84 courses related to Asia
- 14 teaching faculty from Anthropology, Classical and Modern Languages, Communication, Fine Arts, Geography and Geosciences, History, Humanities, and Political Science
- An annual Lang Seminar that brings top scholars of Asian studies to campus.
- Overseas programs to China, Japan, and Korea
For questions, please contact Dr. Shiping Hua, Director of the Asian Studies Program:
Dr. Shiping Hua:
- Phone: (502) 852-3305
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 402 Guy Stevenson Hall
- University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292