Gabrielle Mayer, M.F.A.
- Associate Professor
- Room 113B, Schneider Hall
- Belknap Campus
Professor Mayer's life size renderings of women's fancy dresses play with color and form but also explore the significance and impact of clothing and style in our culture. Her paintings place a single high fashion garment in illusionistic full color against a flat background of another color to create a dazzling "embodied but not inhabited dress in paint."
- B.F.A., San Francisco Art Institute, 1994
- M.F.A., Bowling Green State University, 1997
- ART 115: Foundation Drawing I
- ART 116: Foundation Drawing II
- ART 315: Drawing and Composition
- ART 301: Introduction to Painting