Many student activities facilities are open during inclement weather. Here is some information on our most popular venues:
If classes are delayed:
Dining venues will open at the following times:
Ville Grill: 8 a.m.
All other: 10 a.m.*
* Mark’s Feed Store, POD Market at University Towers Apartments, POD Express at Davidson, McAlister’s will open at their regular time of 10:30 a.m.
If classes are canceled, the following venues will be open:
- Ville Grill: Brunch 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Dinner 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- POD Market at University Tower Apartments Noon – 6 p.m..
- Wendy’s: Noon – 8 p.m.
- Papa John’s: Noon – 8 p.m.
If evening classes are canceled:
Ville Grill will close at 7:00pm.
All other dining venues will close at 4 p.m.
As weather conditions change, hours may be adjusted contingent on getting dining staff to and from campus safely. Any changes will be communicated through social media to include www.louisville.edu/dining, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @uofldining
If classes are cancelled or the campus is closed: Belknap Campus libraries will be closed. The Kornhauser Health Sciences Library will usually remain open with security staff only.
If classes or the campus are on a delayed opening schedule: Belknap Campus libraries will open when the campus opens. If Ekstrom Library is already open on its 24/7 schedule when the delay is announced, it will attempt to stay open with security staff until the regular opening. The Kornhauser Health Sciences Library will usually remain open with security staff only until the regular opening.Updated Library Information can be found here
Student Recreation Center (SRC) and HSC Fitness Center
- If there is a delay, both of our facilities, the SRC and HSC Fitness Center, will open when the university opens.
- If classes are canceled, the HSC Fitness Center will be closed. The SRC will operate from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- In cases of inclement weather on weekends, the facilities could alter their hours. Call 502-852-7850 to check before coming to the facilities.
Swain Student Activities Center (SAC)
- If classes are delayed the Swain Student Activities Center (SAC) will open at 7 am.
- If classes are canceled, planned student activities will also be canceled. The Student Activities Center building will have hours of operation:
- Monday – Friday 7 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Weekends 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
If Classes are cancelled:
Campus Housing main office is closed but all front desks are open and on-call staff is available through any of the desks or ULPD.
For more detailed info about student facilities closures:More info