Staff, faculty among new UofL graduates
Winter commencement ceremonies took place this week with doctoral degrees conferred Dec. 16 and bachelor and master's degrees conferred Dec. 17.
Among the slightly more than 1200 students who were eligible for degrees this semester were several staff and faculty members:
- Shawn Blackston, facility manager, College of Business, Bachelor of Science in workforce leadership.
- Kathryn Doaty, employee compensation coordinator, Human Resources, Bachelor of Arts in communication
- Tammy Duddy, coordinator of Testing Services, Bachelor of Science in workforce leadership
- Tina Pierce, program manager, Physical Plant, Bachelor of Science in workforce leadership in education
- Cheryl Schroader, system analyst, School of Interdisciplinary and Graduate Studies, Bachelor of Science in occupational training and development.
- Justy Engle, library technician, media resources, Ekstrom Library, Master of Arts in humanities and medieval/renaissance studies certificate.
- Kimberly Joseph, coordinator, Procard program, purchasing department, Master of Business Administration.
- Jessica Kidd, program assistant senior, political science/paralegal studies, Master of Arts in higher education.
- Karen Porter, program coordinator, Staff Senate Office, Master of Arts in humanities.
- Amanda Thompson, program coordinator, Department of English, Master of Science in human resources development.
- Katheryn McAnulty, assistant director, Graduate Admissions, PhD in counseling and personnel services.
- Valerie McCarthy, RN, assistant professor, School of Nursing, PhD in nursing.
- Linda L. Wilson, associate director for diversity initiatives,
College of Arts and Sciences Dean's Office, Ph.D. in counseling and