HR Item of Interest: 2013 Benefits Tips
Human Resources recommends that faculty and staff review their 2013 benefits summary and gives them several other tips.
1.) Check your paycheck for accuracy of your premium deductions. Review your benefit summary to make sure that your 2013 benefit deductions are correct on your first paycheck of 2013. Here’s how:
- Log on to ulink.louisville.edu
- Click on Faculty & Staff tab
- Select Benefits Summary
- Change date to 01/01/2013 and select “Go.”
If you have questions about your 2013 elections, call your benefits counselor (find yours).
2.) Save your current benefit cards
If you were enrolled in 2012 benefits, keep your ID cards. You may or may not get new ones depending on your benefits choices.
3.) New medical, vision and dental ID Cards are issued only if:
- Medical coverage is elected for the first time
- Medical coverage level changed (e.g., switched from “employee only” to “employee with children” or family coverage, or vice versa)
- A new medical plan is elected (e.g., switched from “United Healthcare PPO” to “United Healthcare PCA High”)
4.) New Flexible Spending Account cards are issued if:
- Flexible Spending Account is elected for the first time
- You have a 12/31/2012 card expiration date
If you misplace your FSA card, you can order a new one by calling (800) 982-7715.