2013 Faculty/Staff Open Walls Guidelines
The Faculty/Staff Open Walls exhibit is an opportunity for UofL employees who are not professional or exhibited artists to share their work.
May 13–23, 8 a.m.–5 p.m. weekdays; May 24, 8 a.m.–noon.
Photographic Archives gallery, east wing, lower level, Ekstrom Library
Artist reception May 14, noon–1 p.m., outside the gallery
- All media (i.e., painting, photography, woodworking, mixed media, fiber arts, jewelry, crafts) will be accepted.
- Because of space limitations, Open Walls may be able to accommodate only one piece from each participant. Registration materials include a place for more than one piece, but list your preferred work first.
- Employee visual artists who want to participate should submit the registration form via email by 5 p.m. Monday, April 29.
- Past Open Walls participants may register to exhibit this year, but they cannot exhibit artwork exhibited in past years.
- Artists will be included on a first-come basis. Sponsors will do their best to include all who wish to share their work, but they have sole discretion on what will be displayed.
- Accepted artists will receive confirmation via email.
- The Office of Communications and Marketing will post a list of participants on the UofL Today website.
- Artists who receive confirmation will deliver their artwork to the Photographic Archives, lower level, Ekstrom Library, Monday, May 6, between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- All hanging art must be ready to hang, including hanging hardware (nail, or nail and picture hook, for example).
- All art must have the artist’s name on it somewhere.
- Provost Shirley Willihnganz is sponsoring a reception at noon Tuesday, May 14, in the east wing, lower level, Ekstrom Library (outside Photographic Archives). Participants are encouraged to attend.
- Artists must bring their receipt and retrieve their work between noon and 3 p.m. Friday, May 24 (the end of the event), or it will be forfeited.