2012 President's Distinguished Faculty Award recipients
President James Ramsey and Provost Shirley Willihnganz honored faculty Tuesday, Sept. 11, at the annual Celebration of Faculty Excellence.
Ramsey honored recipients of the 2012 President’s Distinguished Faculty Awards with seats onstage during his State of the University address Sept. 12. UofL Today will provide full coverage of the Sept. 11 event, including all faculty honored with awards and for their accomplishments, early next week.
In the meantime, here are this year’s recipients of the President’s Distinguished Faculty Awards.
Outstanding Scholarship, Research & Creative Activity
- Ramesh Gupta, School of Medicine, DFA in Basic and Applied Sciences
- Laura Rothstein, Brandeis School of Law, DFA in Social Sciences
- Aaron Jaffe, College of Arts & Sciences, DFA in the Humanities
- Dallas Tidwell, School of Music, DFA in Creative and Performing Arts
- Hank Savitch, College of Arts & Sciences, DFA for Career Achievement
- Enid Trucios-Haynes, Brandeis School of Law, DFA for Service to UofL
- Theresa Mayfield, School of Dentistry, DFA for Service to the Community, Commonwealth and Region
- Mary Ann Stenger, College of Arts & Sciences, DFA for Career of Service
- Goetz Kloecker, School of Medicine, DFA for Service to the Profession
- Karen Kopelson, College of Arts & Sciences, DFA Teaching Professor
- Lars Smith, Brandeis School of Law, DFA Teaching Professor
- Kathleen Karr, School of Music, DFA Part-time Teaching Professor