2012 Open Walls Exhibit Participant Guidelines
University of Louisville faculty, staff and administrators are invited to participate in the second Faculty/Staff Open Walls exhibit.
The UofL Open Walls exhibit is an opportunity for UofL faculty, staff and administrators who are not professional or exhibited artists to share their work. Sponsors are the Office of the Provost, Photographic Archives and the Office of Communications and Marketing.
July 9–18, 9 a.m.–5 p.m. weekdays; July 19, 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
Photographic Archives gallery, east wing, lower level, Ekstrom Library
Artist reception at 9 a.m. July 18, outside the gallery
- All media (including, but not limited to, painting, photography, woodworking, mixed media, fiber arts, jewelry, crafts) will be accepted.
- Because of space limitations, Open Walls may be able to accommodate only one piece from each participant. Registration materials include a place for more than one piece, but list your preferred work first.
- Faculty, staff and administrator visual artists who want to participate should submit registration materials (click here to download Word file) via email by 5 p.m. June 22.
- 2011 Open Walls participants may register to exhibit this year, but they cannot exhibit the same artwork.
- Artists will be included on a first-come basis. Sponsors will do their best to include all who wish to share their work, but they have sole discretion on what will be displayed.
- Accepted artists will receive confirmation via email.
- The Office of Communications and Marketing will post a list of participants on the UofL Today website Wednesday, June 27.
- Artists who receive confirmation will deliver their artwork to the Photographic Archives, lower level, Ekstrom Library, July 2, between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- All hanging art must be ready to hang, including hanging hardware (nail, or nail and picture hook, for example), or it cannot be included.
- All art must have the artist’s name on it somewhere.
- Provost Shirley Willihnganz is sponsoring a reception at 9 a.m. July 18 in the east wing, lower level, Ekstrom Library (outside Photographic Archives). Participants are encouraged to attend.
Artists must bring their receipt and retrieve their work at 4 p.m. July 19 (the end of the event) or it will be forfeited.