Farmers Market highlights June 19, 2014
GRAY STREET: 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Now that berries are in season, try out this blueberry jam recipe. Sweeten it with honey from the market and then use it as a delicious spread on some local, fresh bread. You won’t be disappointed. Send a picture of your final product to email@example.com and the best one will be posted in next week’s newsletter!
- Flour Power will have the usual: whole grain breads and cookies.
- Full Heart Farm will have plenty of blueberry jam, blueberry bread, Rimmer’s salsa, local honey and 12 flavors of granola.
- Granny’s Delights will be bringing green beans, potatoes, squash, zucchini, kale, sugar snap peas, onions, cucumbers, cauliflower, lettuce, and beets.
- Green Farm will have baby bok choy, amaranth, mixed lettuce, kale, bamboo shoot lettuce, mint, perilla, green beans, and pancakes.
- Jackson’s Produce will be bringing tomatoes, cucumbers, and more.
- Lowe Creek Farm will have bok choy, blueberries, raspberries, bacon-maple muffins, and apple butter. Did you know that Plump Peacock Bakery uses Lowe Creek fruit to make the cherry turnovers and blueberry turnovers?
- Mr. G’s Kettle Corn will be popping local Kentucky Proud Kettle Corn. Website
- GMeals will be serving tacos on gluten free corn tortillas with grilled Mexican corn and your choice of drink, chips, and homemade salsa.
· Asian edamame tacos with wasabi cream (esselstyn option)
· Thai pulled pork tacos with hoisin
· Thai slaw fish tacos with avocado lime cream
- New – Jam Pan has jerk pork and jerk chicken served with their own jerk gravy and choice of either hard dough bread or Jamaican rice and peas. They also have plantain chips (sweet or spicy) and Jamaican drinks: Ting (grapefruit soda), Pink Ting (pink grapefruit soda), and non-alcoholic ginger beer. Webpage
BELKNAP: 3:30 to 6 p.m.
The vendors and organizers of the Belknap Farmers’ Market look forward to seeing you tomorrow! We are so excited that the Belknap market has continued being a success! Come check us out at 3rd Street and Brandeis Avenue. This week you won’t want to miss the great products and activities the vendors have to offer. Stop by the Belknap Farmers Market information booth to sign up for our listserv and get in drawings to win one of several door prizes that will be given away over the next few months.
- Bread and Breakfast will have a various assortment of breads such as country style and European. Also cinnamon rolls, gluten free pastries and breads
- GMeals Menu: Tacos and Grilled Mexican Corn
3 types of tacos on gluten free corn tortillas:
Asian edamame tacos with wasabi cream (esselstyn option)
Thai Pulled pork tacos with hoisin and Thai slaw
Fish tacos with avocado lime cream
Served with choice of
drink and chips with homemade salsa
The Belknap Farmers Market does not sell or rent your e-mail address to any third parties. Subscribe to this listserv: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Belknap Farmers Market is open on Thursdays from 3:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on 3rd and Brandeis from May 29 through Oct. 16. Please send questions or comments to email@example.com.
Note: This week we will have order forms on hand for our take-home Mediterranean and Plant-Based meal plans, where farmers market attendees can place their order with us and we will deliver their meals the following Thursday.
June 19 - Gmeals will offer a free plant-based meal to the first 5 faculty, staff or student customers who make a GMeal purchase!
- Grannys Delights will have green beans, potatoes, squash, zucchini, kale, sugar snap peas, onions, cucumbers, cauliflower, lettuce, beets. As well as our canned items (Salsa, relishes, jams and jellies)
- Green Farm will have baby bok choy, amaranth, mixed lettuce, kale, bamboo shoot lettuce, mint, perilla, green beans, and pancakes
- Lowe Creek Farm will have bok choy, raspberries, blueberries, apple butter, honey, Plump Peacock – turnovers: cherry, blueberry and Plumb Peacock – muffins: bacon-maple, blueberry
- Marvins Gardens will have potatoes, peas, kale, chard, beets, radishes, celery, squash, broccoli, kohlrabi, turnips
- Mr. G’s Kettle Corn will be popping local Kentucky Proud kettle corn, which will include my original sweet & salty kettle corn, and caramel kettle corn!
- Paradise Island Local Tea will have Paradise Island Tea and African hats
- Swallow Rail Farm will have whole and half chickens (frozen), lamb (frozen), eggs and blueberries. Fruit is organic; meat and eggs pasture raised and Animal Welfare Approved. www.SwallowRailFarm.com
- Nutrition Navigators will have educational materials. They will also be providing cooking demonstrations and samples of polenta pizza with fresh herbs.