Items added to outlet mall auction for Cancer center benefit
More than a dozen silent auction items valued at $50 to $500 from The Outlet Shoppes of the Bluegrass will be available for bidding online beginning July 25 at 5 p.m. at www.shoppingforacure.org. Bidding online continues until 8:30 p.m. July 30, during the Opening Night VIP Preview Shopping Event.
The Outlet Shoppes of the Bluegrass is holding the event from 6-9 p.m. July 30 to benefit the James Graham Brown Cancer Center at the University of Louisville. The by-ticket-only VIP Preview is being held on the evening before the facility opens to the general public.
Patrons are encouraged to bring smart phones or tablets to the event to continue bidding until the silent auction closes. Among the merchants and items available are:
- NEW: Nike & Bose: New Bose Freestyle special edition earbuds, made for iPod, iPhone or iPad, and $100 in gift cards to the Nike Factory Store; two packages available
- NEW: Nike: $300 in gift cards to the Nike Factory Store
- NEW: Levi’s: $500 in gift cards to the Levi Factory Store
- NEW: PGA Championship Practice Round Tickets: Four GROUNDS tickets to the Tuesday, Aug. 5, 2014 PGA Championship practice rounds at Valhalla
- NEW: Eddie Bauer: $250 gift card to Eddie Bauer Outlet Store
- NEW: Hagar & New York & Company: For him, a $100 gift card to Hagar, and for her, four $50 gift cards to New York & Company
- NEW: Hot Topic: One of the hottest toys in the country, a Zombie Jake action figure, courtesy of Hot Topic
- Saks Fifth Avenue OFF FIFTH: $100 gift card
- Polo Ralph Lauren: 5 $100 gift cards
- Columbia: $500 gift card
- J Crew: $200 gift card
- Wilson’s Leather: ladies handbag
- Crabtree & Evelyn: 2 $50 gift cards and 2 gift sets
- Converse All Star: $100 gift card
- Auntie Anne’s: $150 in VISA gift cards and 3 At-Home Pretzel Kits
- Gold Toe, Hanes & Jockey: $250 in gift cards to Hanes Brands, $100 in gift cards to Jockey and a tote bag filled with Gold Toe socks
Patrons also will be able to beat the huge crowds expected for opening weekend and get the jump on the rest of Kentuckiana in shopping at the facility. Other retail outlets that will be open on the night of the VIP Preview include Coach, Brooks Brothers, Michael Kors, Banana Republic, Nike, Talbots, Under Armour and more. Patrons also will receive an exclusive goody bag of items that includes a free coupon book with over $300 in savings good for an entire year at many of the 80-plus retailers that make up The Outlet Shoppes of the Bluegrass.
Tickets to the event are $50 each and also can be purchased at www.shoppingforacure.org. Only patrons with tickets will be able to enter The Outlet Shoppes on VIP Preview night.
Proceeds from the VIP Preview go to the James Graham Brown Cancer Center, a part of KentuckyOne Health and the only cancer center in the region to use a unified approach to cancer care, with multidisciplinary teams of physicians working together to guide patients through diagnosis, treatment and recovery.
The Outlet Shoppes of the Bluegrass is located at 1155 Buck Creek Road, Exit 28 on Interstate 64. For additional information on the Opening Night VIP Preview or the James Graham Brown Cancer Center, contact 502-562-4642.