Get a UofL ID Card
The University of Louisville Cardinal Card
As an ULtra student, you are eligible to purchase a University of Louisville student ID card (Cardinal card). This ID card is only valid for ONE SEMESTER, but is renewable.
What’s a Cardinal Card Good For?
The ID card can be used to check out books from the library, gain access to campus organizations and the Student Recreation Center, and makes you eligible for many student discounts at various merchants. You can also ride the TARC for free!!!
New Student Recreation Center:
Steps to purchase a UofL ID Card:
- Sign up with an ULtra Transfer Advisor. It usually takes between one and two weeks (sometimes longer during peak times) after signup before you are eligible to get the ID card. New students cannot purchase their ID until after the start of the semester.
- Take a valid picture ID, a copy of your JCTC schedule, and a check for $150.00 to:
University of Louisville
Houchens Building Room 101
**Be sure to identify yourself as an ULtra Student.
- Take the “Paid receipt” to the Cardinal Card office in room 08K, located on the lower level of the Houchens building.
- Give the signed Cardinal Card agreement and the paid receipt to the staff.
- Receive your UofL Cardinal Card and begin accessing facilities, programs & activities!
How to validate your ID for the Summer:
ULtra students can validate their UofL student ID for the summer for a cost of $49 but ONLY if you purchased a student ID for the previous spring semester.
To validate, contact ULtra at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502-213-4538. We will send your name to the Intramural Office located in the lower level of the SAC right next to the gym. You can then drop in to the Intramural Office, pay your $49 and they will validate the ID for the summer time period.