Annual reports summarizing sustainability initiatives at UofL are produced at the end of each fiscal year.
Annual UofL Sustainability Reports
- UofL Sustainable Operations 2013 Annual Report
- UofL Sustainability Council FY2011-2012 Report
- UofL Sustainability Council FY2010-2011 Report
- UofL Sustainability Council FY2009-2010 Report
- UofL Sustainability Council 2008 Annual Report
Other UofL Sustainability Reports:
On January 15, 2014, UofL released a very encouraging Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory for 2006-2013. From 2006 to 2013, we estimate that emissions have dropped over 27% from 246,929 to 178,679 metric tons, an amount equal to taking 14,167 cars off the road! While this reduction is worthy of note and should be celebrated, it still does not represent a steep enough decline to achieve our goal of climate neutrality by 2050. We must continue to innovate and strive for even greater reductions in years to come.
The 2013 report represents a significant step forward in the comprehensiveness and accuracy of data gathering for carbon accounting as the University continues to strive to improve data collection methods and to more accurately track emissions. It was proceeded by our Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory for 2006-2010 released in September 2011, and our first benchmark Greenhouse Gas Emissions Baseline Inventory (2006-2008), released in September 2009.
- On February 6, 2013, UofL achieved a new STARS Silver rating (58.29 points) within the framework developed by AASHE (the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education). This is the primary tool used by the Sustainability Council to measure our progress. View the full details of UofL's 2013 STARS report here.
- On January 15, 2013, UofL released its first Climate Action Plan Progress Report
- On January 24, 2011, UofL achieved a Silver rating in the STARS (Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System)
framework developed by AASHE (the Association for the Advancement of
Sustainability in Higher Education). This is the primary tool used by the Sustainability Council to measure our progress.
View the full details of UofL's 2011 STARS report here.
- On September 15, 2010, UofL released its Climate Action Plan, a comprehensive roadmap for achieving climate neutrality over the next four decades. A summary of the Plan and a link to the full document can be found here. The Sustainability Council coordinates UofL's Climate Action Planning as well as the reporting of our greenhouse gas emissions.
- Check out Annual Reports from the Kentucky Pollution Prevention Center at UofL.