Free daily check-out of a bike, lock, and helmet for UofL students and employees from a variety of campus locations.
UofL's Bike-Share Program is designed to help you ditch the car and discover the joys of getting around on two wheels! The program is open to all students, faculty, and staff.Use your UofL ID to check out a bike, lock, and helmet for free
for the day! Bikes are available each day on a first-come, first-served basis from the desk staff at five different locations around campus:
- Student Rec Center equipment desk
- Get Healthy Now Wellness Center at Humana Gym
- Residence Halls on 4th Street (not just for residents!):
- Community Park
- Kurz Hall
- Bettie Johnson Hall
The BikeShare Program at ULH, Inc. helps to support the broader vision of sustainability for on-campus housing. Our department strives to incorporate holistic sustainability initiatives in as many internal processes and procedures as is feasible. Thus, we now offer the BikeShare program to our students as part of our goal to provide sustainable programmatic opportunities to the entire residential community. Sustainability is a vital piece to living on campus and we are thrilled to now have a large fleet of bikes to help support this piece of our overall departmental mission of supporting and developing student leaders.
- In Summer 2015, we will be expanding the bikeshare program to traditional on-campus housing, with check-out available for anyone with valid UofL ID at the front desks of Miller Hall, Threlkeld Hall, and Unitas Tower. Coming soon!
In all locations, you'll simply sign a waiver form and return the bike before the end of the day or weekend. Those who check out bikes are responsible for any theft/loss/damage, so be sure to use the u-lock to securely lock the bike (frame and wheel!) any time you enter a building.
Where to Check-Out, Fix-up, and Park Bikes
- RED icons indicate COVERED bike parking.
- BLUE icons indicate exposed bike parking.
- YELLOW Wrench icons indicate Bike Fix-It stations where you can pump up tires & make adjustments 24/7.
- GREEN Bike icons indicate bike-share locations from which bikes can be borrowed.
You can also find bike lanes, paths, and safer routes throughout Louisville with the Louisville Bike Map (pdf).