Cards Commuter Challenge 2021
Aug 30, 2021 12:00 AM
Sep 30, 2021 11:55 PM
|Add event to calendar||
August 30 - September 30, 2021.
UofL wants you to save money, burn calories, put an end to pollution, and win prizes…all by simply choosing to get to campus in a new way! Record your trips throughout the Cards Commuter Challenge (August 26 - September 30) and each week you'll have the chance to win fabulous weekly prizes or be the Grand Prize Winner who takes the most trips by means other than driving alone and you'll receive the grand prize!
Step 1: Join the Challenge online!
- Students: Register free on to the Cardinal Directions trip-finding and carpool-matching platform
- Faculty & Staff: Register free on the Every Commute Counts platform.
Step 2: Challenge yourself (and your friends!) to get to campus differently!
Try these life-affirming alternatives to the expense, road-rage, pollution, and parking hassles of driving alone:
- BUS: Ride any TARC route free with UofL ID (just swipe your card as you board - any time, anywhere).
- CARDpool: Organize your own carpool with friends, family, colleagues, or classmates; or find rides & offer rides online through Cardinal Directions or Every Commute Counts.
- WALK, SKATE, or BIKE: Get your workout just by getting where you need to go under your own power! If you don't have your own bike, borrow one free from UofL Bikeshare or join LouVelo citywide bikeshare for half-price with your @louisville.edu address ($7.50/month gets you unlimited trips of up to one hour without any additional charges).
- VANPOOL: Employees can get in on a vanpool, get your ride home guaranteed, or enter to win additional monthly prizes with Every Commute Counts.
- SKIP THE COMMUTE: Work or study from home for maximum convenience, savings, and safety!
* NOTE: Though certainly better than driving, getting around via lazy, coal-powered electric scooters does not qualify for this Challenge. Skip the dirty electricity and use your muscles to qualify!
Explore all of UofL's Sustainable Transportation Options.
Step 3: Log your trips to win!
The only way to be in the running for prizes is to log all of your commute trips online with Cardinal Directions or Every Commute Counts.
Connect with us, trash-talk, and post about your commute on(event link to come).