Student Activities SAB Position Listing
The Graduate Assistantships for Student Activities Board (2) are part time 12 month academic year appointments in the Student Activities Office. The Graduate Assistants are supervised by the Program Coordinator and provide advising to the Student Activities Board (SAB). These two positions are expected to work together closely, dividing up duties as well as partnering to achieve to goals for the program.
- Co-advise Student Activities
Board committees and chairpersons to provide guidance on program planning
and implementation, event promotion, risk management and compliance with
University policies and procedures
- Develop and implement
Student Activities Center weekly programming, including late night
events and/or facilities as assigned to insure compliance with University
policies and procedures.
training and development of SAB leaders.
Coordinate on-going training and development series for SAB,
including retreat planning and Top 3 training.
special projects as assigned [i.e. Homecoming, Family Weekend, and Senior
Celebration] and guide large interdepartmental programs through their
partnerships with SAB.
for implementing departmental marketing plan for all SAB events.
- Assist in the preparation
and maintenance of appropriate periodic/special operations reports and surveys.
- Serve on department task
group as assigned.
- Develop and implement
assessment outcomes for Student Activities Board programming. Collect and compile evaluation data from
all SAB events.
- Serve as an active member of the Student Activities Dept, attend meetings, and contribute to departmental goals and objectives. Provide assistance to other members of the staff as requested and assume additional responsibilities within the scope of the position as required. Provide support for special events and functions that occur. Participate in staff development programs for the Center and Division of Student Affairs to enhance personal and professional development. Participate in departmental and divisional planning and evaluation processes. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director. Provide information to the Director as requested. Conduct other administrative duties for the office as appropriate.
Contracts, budgets, advising/supervising, training development, assessment, event management
- Background in program planning, implementation and evaluation
- Ability to work with a diverse student population
- Attention to detail
- Interest or experience in research
- Strong organization, communication, and leadership skills
- Ability to serve as a role model for undergraduate students and alumni volunteers
- Competence in technology; proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Possess demonstrated past leadership experience
- Understanding of the value of out-of–class involvement
- Must have flexible work hours; some evening and weekend work required.
- Full time admission to and enrollment in a graduate program at the University of Louisville. (Preferably College Student Personnel or Higher Education programs).
- Must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA throughout their term of appointment. Failure to do so can result in the loss of their position and future financial remuneration.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Stipend of $1200 a month for 12 months
- Full time graduate tuition remission for instate only
- Health care benefits/insurance
- Professional development opportunities at workshops and conferences may be available
July 1 – June 30
All submissions for this assistantship must include a current resume`, letter of interest, and three professional references. Reference list must include address, title, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses (if available) for all references. Applicants should include any student organization leadership positions from their undergraduate experience in their resume`. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Send the requested information to the contact below.
For more information contact:
Pam Nessle Curtis, Associate Director
Student Activities Center, Suite W310
University of Louisville
Louisville, Kentucky 40292
Phone: (502) 852-0242
Facsimile: (502) 852-7332
The University of Louisville is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer