Off Campus Student Services
What is Off Campus Student Services (OCSS)?
Supported by the Office of Student Involvement, Off Campus Student Services advocates for all students who do not reside on campus at the University of Louisville. Whether you are across the street in Cardinal Towne, in Old Louisville, or commuting from Oldham County you need to know what is happening and how to to get the most out of living in Louisville.
Off Campus Housing
The majority of UofL students live off campus by personal choice. They have found that Louisville is a great place to live and there is plenty of housing for all lifestyles. Roommate choices, tenant rights, neighborhoods, and safety are all considerations while searching for your independent home.
- OrgSync is a great way to find out how to get involved on campus. There are specific groups set up related to academic interests to help with finding study groups, etc.
- Donuts and Coffee are provided every Tuesday in the Red Barn to help you meet others like yourself. It is intended for any students who lives off campus, not just commuters.
- The Off Campus Living Fair is held each spring and is intended to be educational and a resource for finding appropriate housing outside the campus
Ideas for making your way to and from UofL less stressful for you and for the environment:
- ride your bike
- get help with bus routes (TARC)
- learn about carpooling
- for ride sharing, be sure to use Zimride
Our facilities offer several conveniences to help with making the off campus student at home on campus.
- Lockers are available in the Student Activities Center for both semester and daily use.
- The Student Recreation Center is the home to Intramural and Recreational Sports on the Belknap campus and has reservable meeting rooms.
- Plus there is a fitness center on the Health Sciences Campus.
- The Belknap locations have restaurants that take Flex Dollars and offer a wide variety of choices.
Places to Hang Out
There are numerous great places to hang out on campus:
SAC Cafeteria seating area open until the SAC closes each night for study groups and meetings - no reservations required
Davidson Hall Room 105 Lounge
Ekstrom Library has great study space and a terrific coffee shop
Student Recreation Center
Your Cardinal Cash account can be used at the following locations on-campus:
Cardinal Card Office (to pay replacement card fees)
iTech Xpress Store
Select vending machines
Career Development Center
Other Resources and Services
Student Event Calendar
Lost and Found
Gender neutral bathrooms
Library Services, including laptop, kindles and ipad loans
Digital Media - video cameras and more
Off Campus Housing Options
For additional information contact the Student Activities Office at 852-6691