SAB programs and events provide social and educational activities for students that help them to develop communities of common interest and to engage in co-curricular learning. Student Personnel Literature notes the higher retention rate for students who participate in campus activities. SAB's commitment to multicultural awareness and diversified programming for the entire student body provides students with opportunities to learn about other culture communities, while forming bonds with fellow students that support them during their collegiate career.
Using a portion of the University's activities fee, SAB plans quality events at little or no cost to the students. Seven SAB committees plan and organize concerts, cookouts, discussion forums, Homecoming, lectures, sneak previews, and more. Last year alone, SAB organized or co-sponsored 223 campus activities.
- The Campus Life Committee programs music, comedy, other entertainment and performing arts shows, as well as special novelty events.
- The Diversity Committee provides programs for the University’s multicultural population and promotes multicultural understanding.
- The Engaging Issues Committee provides lectures and other educational programs for students.
- The Film Committee programs weekend movies for the Floyd Theater, the Thursday night "At the Floyd" series, and other special film presentations.
- The Outreach Committee meets the programming needs of special groups of students, including Resident, Health Sciences Campus, Non-Traditional, and Gay and Lesbian students.
- The Spirit and Traditions Committee coordinates activities for the Fall Homecoming Festival and other traditional events.
The Programming Board
|Campus Life||Morgan Cooksey||Tyler Thompson|
|Diversity Programs||D'Ante Tinson||Callie Craycroft|
|Engaging Issues||Samantha Molony||Allie Funk|
|Film Programs||Samantha Sullivan||Ian Mason|
|Outreach||Sasha Ndlovu||Caitlin Sedlar|
|Spirit & Traditions||Drew Shever
|Director of Programming||Catherine Moster|
|Director of Marketing||Adam Knecht|
|Director of Finance||Austin Schwenker
Student Activities Board Advisors
|Director for Student Activities
Director Red Barn Programs:
Coordinator for Special Projects:
Stuart L Neff
Graduate Services Assistants: