Kyung A. Kang Ph.D.
Professor of Chemical Engineering
Kyung A. Kang, Ph.D.
Voice - (502)852-2094
E-mail - email@example.com
Home Page - http://louisville.edu/speed/faculty/kang/
- B.S. - Food Engineering, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea - 1976
- M.S. - Biomedical Engineering, Louisiana Tech University - 1984
- M.E. - Mechanical Engineering, Cal Poly State University - 1986
- Ph.D. - Chemical Engineering, University of California at Davis - 1991
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- MELVIN H. KNISLEY AWARD [Annual Young Researcher's Award - International Society of Oxygen Transport to Tissue (ISOTT); 1988].
- The Most Outstanding Research Paper Published in 1997 - Biomedical Instrumentation & Technology - May 31, 1998.
- Tau Beta Pi National Honor Society Member since 1986.
- Sigma Xi National Honor Society Member since 1996.
- The Most Outstanding Research Paper Published in 1997 - for the paper, "Feasibility Study of a Single and Multiple Source NIR Phase Modulation Device for Biological System Characterization" Biomedical Instrumentation & Technology - May 31, 1998.
- NSF CAREER Award recipient, 1998.
- University Scholar Award – University of Louisville, March 22, 2001 to present
- Faculty Award for Innovation in Biotechnology, First Place, “NANO MEETS CARDIOLOGY: Novel Nanogold Particle Enhances Fluorescence Up to Ten Times!” Research! Louisville 2004, November 8 – 12, 2004.
- The American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)
- International Society on Oxygen Transport to Tissue (ISOTT)
- Executive Committee Member (1995 – 1997; 2004-2007)
- President Elect (2006)
- The Korean-American Scientists and Engineers Association
(KSEA): multiple offices including
- Group K Representative: Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Communication Engineering (2001-2004)
- Technical Conference Committee (2004 – 2005)
- The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- The American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE)
- Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES) - Student Chapter Advisor (2005 – present)
- Sigma Xi – Louisville Chapter Membership Committee Chair (2003 – Present)
- Korah, L.K. and Kang, K.A., “Preliminary Study for the Protein C Purification Using Mini-Antibodies Produced from Recombinant E.Coli,” Oxygen Transport To Tissue XXV (Thorniley, Harrison, and James, eds.), p. 171-176, Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, 2003.
- Tang, L. and Kang, K.A., “Sensing Performance Improvement of a Protein C Immunosensor by Sample Circulation,” Oxygen Transport To Tissue XXV (Thorniley, Harrison, and James, eds.), p. 177-182, Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, 2003.
- Tang L., Kwon, H.J. and, Kang, K.A., “Theoretical and Experimental Analysis of Analyte Transport in a Fiber-Optic, Protein C Immuno-biosensor,” Biotechnology and Bioengineering. Vol. 88(7), p. 869-879, 2004.
- Jin, H., and Kang, K.A., “Fluorescent mediated detection of heterogeneity in a highly scattering media,” Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology, 566, p.167-172, 2005.
- Tang, L. and Kang, K.A., “Fiber Optic Biosensing System Development for Simultaneous Multi-Anticoagulant Deficiency Diagnosis and MEMS Application,” Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology, 566, p. 303-310, 2005.