Delania A. Amos, PhD
Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering
Ernst Hall, Room 213
Voice - 502.852.4091
E-mail Dr. Amos
B.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Virginia, 1989
Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, 1996
M.S., Chemical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, 1992
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- Eastman Kodak Company
- 2002-2004 Research Scientific Council, member-at-large; featured in 1999 Eastman Kodak Company Annual Report. featured in Diversity/Careers in Engineering & Information Technology, 2009; featured in Democrat & Chronicle, Rochester, NY, 2008; holds one granted patent and two additional pending.
University of California, Berkeley
- GEM PhD Fellowship (1991-1996); NSF Engineering Education Scholar (1995); Ida Louise Jackson Fellowship (1994-1995); American Association for Advancement of Science (AAAS) Mass Media Science & Engineering Fellowship (1994); Achievement Rewards for College Students (ARCS) Fellowship (1993-1994); GEM Masters Fellowship (1989-1991)
University of Virginia
- E.I. duPont Corporate Minority Engineering Scholarship to college of choice (1985-1989); David Lee Preddy Award for Academic Excellence in Chemical Engineering (1989); National Achievement & NACME Scholarships (1985)
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- National Organization for the Professional Advancement of Black Chemists and Chemical Engineers
- GEM Consortium
- Majumdar, Debasis, Bauer, Charles L., Freedman, Gary S., Allen, Delaina A.., Conductive Adsorption Layer for Flexible Displays, US Patent Office, 20060181658.
- Allen, D. A., Whitlock, L., Pigment Inks Formed Using Microfiltration, US Patent Office, 20050139122.
- Venkat Kalyan Vendra, Jason Absher, Samuel R. Ellis, Delaina A. Amos, Thad Druffel, Mahendra K. Sunkara, Photoanode Area Dependent Efficiency and Recombination in Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells, submitted to Journal of Physical Chemistry, C, December 2011