Master of Engineering/Bioeng Thesis Option Requirements
Each Bioengineering student who chooses the thesis option for their
M. Eng. degree WILL be REQUIRED to complete a thesis.
Below is the time line -
1. Meet with your Thesis Director to outline the thesis contents before the
2. Meet with your Thesis Director for a thesis writing progress discussion
before the sixth week.
3. Submit preliminary written thesis material to Director by the end of the
4. Submit complete thesis copy to Director by the end of the eleventh
5. Report date, time and location of oral exam on the proper form
(Appendix VII) to the Academic Affairs Office by the end of the twelfth
6. Deliver final draft copies of the thesis to the members of the
Examination Committee by the twelfth week.
7. Have oral exam by the end of the thirteenth week.
8. Thesis Director must report the results of the oral exam to the
Academic Services Office on the proper form (Appendix VIII) within
48 hours after completion of the exam.
9. Return corrected copy of thesis to Thesis Director within two days after
the oral exam.
10. Deliver one complete final copy to the Department Chair or
Departmental Editor three days before the end of semester.
11. The student must deliver one electronic copy of the complete
approved thesis to the Speed School Academic Affairs Office on or
before the last day of the semester. This electronic copy must follow
the guidelines for submitting an electronic version of the thesis. A
note of approval signed by the Department Chair and a signed copy of
the Nonexclusive License for Electronic Theses and Dissertations (see
Appendix IX) must accompany the copy.
More detailed guidelines (Appendices, etc.) can be found at: