Lab News and Publications
- October 2007: Poster @ BMES: William N. White, Ashok Raj, Salvatore Bertolone and Palaniappan Sethu, “Isolation of Endothelial Cells from Peripheral Blood using Microfluidics in patients with Sickle Cell Disease”, BMES 2007, Los Angeles, CA, Oct 2007
- July 2007: Poster @ Methods in Bioengineering Conference: Deniz Yucel, Halime Kenar, Palaniappan Sethu, Natesh Parashurama, Vasif Hasirci, David Kaplan, Mehmet Toner, “Expression of Neural and Cardiomyogenic Lineage Markers by Mesenchymal Stem Cells from Human Bone Marrow and Wharton’s Jelly”, Methods in Bioengineering 2007, Cambridge, MA, July 2007
- July 2007: Poster @ Methods in Bioengineering Conference: William N. White, Ashok Raj, Salvatore Bertolone and Palaniappan Sethu, “Isolation of CD61+/CD31+ Phenotype from Peripheral Blood using Microfluidics for Sickle Cell Disease (SCD)”, Methods in Bioengineering 2007, Cambridge, MA, July 2007
Palaniappan Sethu, Biju Parakkedan, Martin Yarmush and Mehmet Toner, “Isolation of Osmolytic Resistant Phenotype of Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells”, (Accepted: Tissue Engineering, May 2007)
- Palaniappan Sethu, Lyle L. Moldawer, Michael N. Mindrinos, Phil O. Scumpia, Cynthia L. Tannahill, Phil A. Efron, Ronald G. Tompkins and Mehmet Toner, “Microfluidic Isolation of Leukocytes from Whole Blood for Cellular and Molecular Analysis”, Analytical Chemistry, 2006 Aug 1;78(15):5453-61.
- Palaniappan Sethu, Aaron Sin and Mehmet Toner, “Microfluidic Device for Apheresis of Whole Blood (Leukapheresis)”, Lab on a Chip, 2006 Jan; 6(1):83-9.
- Shashi K. Murthy, Palaniappan Sethu, Gordana Vunjak-Novakovic, Mehmet Toner, and Milica Radisic, “Size-Based Microfluidic Fractionation of Neonatal Rat Cardiac Cells”, Biomedical Microdevices, Jan 2006, , DOI 10.1007/s10544-006-8169-5.
- Palaniappan Sethu, Melis Anahtar, Lyle L. Moldawer, Ronald G. Tompkins and Mehmet Toner, “Continuous flow microfluidic device for rapid erythrocyte lysis”, Analytical Chemistry, Issue 22, 15 Nov 2004.
- Palaniappan Sethu and Carlos H. Mastrangelo, “Epoxy based microfluidic systems and their applications in biotechnology”, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, Volume 98, Issues 2-3, pp 337-346, 15 Mar 2004.
- Palaniappan Sethu and Carlos H. Mastrangelo, “Polyethylene based (PEG) based actuator for nozzle-diffuser pumps in microfluidic systems”, Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, Volume 104, Issue 3, Pages 283-289, 15 May 2003.