Welcome to Bioengineering
Welcome to Bioengineering at UofL
Click the links in the top-left column of this page to find more information about the Bioengineering Department. This site is updated frequently, so check back often. If you have questions or comments, please contact us at 502.852.6356 or by email.2301 S. Third St., Belknap Campus
Paul C.Lutz Hall, Room 419
Louisville, KY 40292-0001
Phone: (502) 852-7485
Fax: (502) 852-6806
Nancy Hansford Admin. Associate
The Bioengineering Department was founded in 2004 and is growing fast!! This new department received dual-level accreditation and is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org. The Bachelor of Science degree program was accredited in 2010 and the Master of Engineering degree was accredited in 2011. The chair of the department is Professor Ayman El-Baz.
- BE Seminar Series, Dr. Donghoon Chung , presents, "Discovery of novel antiviral compounds from high-throughput screens", WED. Mar 29, 12-1:30 PM, Vogt Bldg. RM 311.
Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES) students host a 5k Run/Walk, Friday, Oct21st, 5 PM. See pics here.
- BE Faculty VS Students Basketball game is scheduled Friday,March 4, 4-6 PM Crawford Gym. Pizza & Drinks will be served. Update: Students 60, Faculty 23. Click Here for picture.
- Dr.s El-Baz and Giridharan (with Koenig) tie for first UofL Speed School of Engineering patents issued in 2016 on Jan. 5th
- Interdisciplinary Studies with Specialization in Translational Bioengineering (ISSTBE) Ph.D. program now accepting applications
- Dr. Mike Voor's article is published in Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery,November issue
- Dr.s Pantalos and Roussel article is published in Scientific American, with additional help from BE students
- BE students 3D Hand model(YouTube vid) helps young patient (Courier-Journal article)