People and Places
The J.B. Speed School of Engineering prides itself on the quality of individuals working in the school. Please visit the Directories to contact faculty and staff for information, guidance, or appointments.
The construction of what we now know as the J.B. Speed School Hall began in 1924. Since then, the J.B. Speed School of Engineering has grown to occupy nine buildings on the (main) Belknap Campus in addition to those faculty and staff whose offices and laboratories are located in the Health Sciences Center in downtown Louisville as well as the at suburban Shelby Campus in eastern Jefferson County.
With access to some of the most sophisticated equipment and technology available, students work with side by side with faculty actively engaged in research. Learn more about our centers and laboratories, among the best in the country.