Congratulations to our PhD and MA August graduates
The Department of Sociology is pleased to announce the four PhD and two MA students who will be graduating this August:
- Jonathon Holland, PhD
- June 17: “The Norms Are More Guidelines Than Actual Rules: Applying Isomorphism to Disability Accommodations in the Catholic Church”
- Chair: Dr. Dave Roelfs
- Jennifer Hall, PhD
- July 13: ““The Sidewalk Less Traveled: Evaluating Change in Community and Police Perceptions”
- Chair: Dr. Lauren Heberle
- Eric Jordan, PhD
- July 27: “Exploring Black "Saviors": A Content Analysis of Black Characters, and Racial Discourses, in Obama Era Films”
- Chairs: Drs. Karen Christopher and Melanie Gast
- Theo Malone, PhD
- July 27: ““Getting Up: An Ethnography of Hip Hop Graffiti Writers, their Art, and Perceptions of Society’s Reactions”
- Chair: Dr. Pat Gagne'
- Rebecca Halpryn, MA
- July 7: “Connecting Right-Wing Authoritarianism to Environmental Beliefs and Behaviors: A Pilot Study”
- Chair: Dr. Mark Austin
- Michael Daugherty, MA
- July 27: “"Gun Ownership as an Expression of Whiteness and Masculinity"
- Chair: Dr. Carson Byrd
Jonathon, Jenny, Eric, Theo, Becca, and Michael – we wish you all the best!